Kelpie at C'est La Vie totally just nominated me for a Liebster Award and I'm not even gonna lie, I'm so excited.
1. What other blogger inspired/inspires you to blog?
No one really; I kind of took it upon myself to blog and I think I stay quite independent of outside influences.
2. What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
So I took the test and I'm an ISFP, "The Artist," and it is so awesome to see how right the description is.
3. Do you have any traits that do not fit your personality type?
Really everything applies to me except for maybe the part about being serious - but I probably come off as more serious than I am. I'm also iffy on this page that says ISFPs are "extremely perceptive and aware of people... gather information about people and seek to discover what it means." I'm not sure that I have that trait.
4. What is the biggest lesson you have learned during the past year?
To simply be and let God do (as opposed to searching the Bible for rules to follow, etc.)
5. What is your favorite subject of study?
This semester, the history of modern art. I could look at Impressionism/Post-Impressionism paintings alllll day.
6. What is your favorite non fiction book? Why?
Right now it's Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung. "Hyper-spiritual approaches to finding God's will don't work. It's time to try something new: Give up. Pastor and bestselling author Kevin DeYoung counsels Christians to settle down, make choices, and do the hard work of seeing those choices through. Too often, he writes, God's people tinker around with churches, jobs, and relationships, worrying that they haven't found God's perfect will for their lives. Or-even worse-they do absolutely nothing, stuck in a frustrated state of paralyzed indecision, waiting... waiting... waiting for clear, direct, unmistakable direction. But God doesn't need to tell us what to do at each fork in the road. He's already revealed His plan for our lives: to love Him with our whole hearts, to obey His Word, and after that, to do what we like. No need for hocus-pocus. No reason to be directionally challenged. Just do something."
7. If you could chose any era of time in which to live, what would it be?
Anytime before Internet but after indoor plumbing.
8. Do you play an instrument (may include voice)?
Piano, guitar, and I have participated in many choirs.
9.What is your #1 hobby?
Tie between reading and drawing!
10. How do you prefer to spend your free time?
Reading and drawing.
11. How many times have you done this award? ;)
I've only been nominated this one time!