April 21, 2015

Dude, this thing claims I have been nominated for an award.

Kelpie at C'est La Vie totally just nominated me for a Liebster Award and I'm not even gonna lie, I'm so excited.

1. What other blogger inspired/inspires you to blog? 

No one really; I kind of took it upon myself to blog and I think I stay quite independent of outside influences.

2. What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?

So I took the test and I'm an ISFP, "The Artist," and it is so awesome to see how right the description is.

3. Do you have any traits that do not fit your personality type?

Really everything applies to me except for maybe the part about being serious - but I probably come off as more serious than I am.  I'm also iffy on this page that says ISFPs are "extremely perceptive and aware of people... gather information about people and seek to discover what it means."  I'm not sure that I have that trait.

4. What is the biggest lesson you have learned during the past year?

To simply "be" and let God "do" (as opposed to searching the Bible for rules to follow, etc.)

5. What is your favorite subject of study?

This semester, the history of modern art.  I could look at Impressionism/Post-Impressionism paintings alllll day.



6. What is your favorite non fiction book? Why?

Right now it's Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung.  "Hyper-spiritual approaches to finding God's will don't work. It's time to try something new: Give up.  Pastor and bestselling author Kevin DeYoung counsels Christians to settle down, make choices, and do the hard work of seeing those choices through. Too often, he writes, God's people tinker around with churches, jobs, and relationships, worrying that they haven't found God's perfect will for their lives. Or-even worse-they do absolutely nothing, stuck in a frustrated state of paralyzed indecision, waiting... waiting... waiting for clear, direct, unmistakable direction.  But God doesn't need to tell us what to do at each fork in the road. He's already revealed His plan for our lives: to love Him with our whole hearts, to obey His Word, and after that, to do what we like.  No need for hocus-pocus. No reason to be directionally challenged. Just do something."

7. If you could chose any era of time in which to live, what would it be?

Anytime before Internet but after indoor plumbing.

8. Do you play an instrument (may include voice)?

Piano, guitar, and I have participated in many choirs.

9.What is your #1 hobby?

Tie between reading and drawing!

10. How do you prefer to spend your free time?

Reading and drawing.

11. How many times have you done this award? ;)

I've only been nominated this one time!

~

Thanks, Kelpie!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed doing this, Lauren! I am (mostly) an ISTJ so we have a lot of similarities but also some great differences. For instance I am NOT flexible and open minded.

    The book about God's will sounds very good. I haven't read that one but I read Decision Making and the Will of God which looks similar. I know so many people who would find a huge relief if they did not feel the constant need to find God's exact, personal, and perfect will for their lives! In my opinion we just need to obey the Bible and we will "be in" his will.

    Hehe...I wasn't thinking when I wrote this how basically #9 and #10 are the same question. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the "flexible" trait manifests kinda negatively in me! What I wouldn't give to have just one organized, stable bone in my body... -__-

      WELL. I will stick by reading/drawing as my hobby, but if we're being 100% honest here... I spend most of my freetime online ;p Hobbies and pastimes are often verrry different things, haha.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lauren! I answered the questions you posed on my blog. My suggestion for your art piece is my initials (CF)!! I'm really excited to see how you incorporate all the suggestions you get.

    http://www.ourwoodhome.com/get-to-know-me/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude your post made my dayyyy; thank you!

      CF is being included! Yay!

      Delete
    2. YUSSSSSS! Thanks and you're welcome:)

      Delete
  3. Hey Lauren! I just left a comment, but I'm not sure it went through.... so I will leave another one :)

    I thoroughly enjoyed this post and it was a joy to learn more about you. I also really liked what Kevin DeYoung said about finding God's will... so, so true!

    Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration - it's always a blessing to have you at the party. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Always love being involved with Roses of Inspiration! :)

      Delete
  4. Aaaand I'm commenting 10 days after this was posted. Kelpie's latest post had me checking back in with your blog.
    Anyway, great answer for #6! I read that book last year and really liked it. :D Young Christians definitely need to hear the message. Also, as far as #7 goes, that's a good point. Indoor plumbing is a wonderful invention.
    You're probably completely finished with that doodle now. If not, please add a pink flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished it yet, don't worry! (I procrastinate really bad. I've got a rough sketch so far.) There will be pink flowers for you. ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha, I feel ya. Thank you. ;)

      Delete