October 10, 2016

Happy Monday! | | Small Plants

Welcome to the first day of my 2-week blogging challenge! Today I have decided to highlight my love for small plants!




I guess I mostly love having plants around because they feel like a little piece of living, breathing nature inside.  I try to vary the look of the plants I have and the type of container I put them in; they all are a little bit different and unique.  I don't know the names of most of them, but that doesn't matter a whole lot to me.  :)


This one on the top shelf of my bookshelf is some type of succulent - I thought it might be aloe but it's more spider-y than the aloe plant I have.  Either way, I've had it since it was a third of the size it is now; it's grown so much since I got it and I've had to re-pot it several times.

 I got these flowers at Shop Rite a couple of weeks ago when I went food shopping... Typical of me to come home with flowers when I all I needed was some veggies and almond milk.  They feel very autumn-y to me and bring some color to my desk!  They're behind the laptop as I type this.  :)

This one is also on my bookshelf obviously.  I used up a very nice soy candle and was left with this gorgeous empty candleholder, so I just put this aloe plant in it!

These lil guys are chilling in a dish because I just watered them (succulents don't need a lot of water, but they need the soil to have a good soaking once in a while).  See how plump the leaves of the front ones are?  They were pretty flat before I watered them, but once there was moisture in the soil, they absorbed it right into their leaves.  Succulents are pretty cool.

I had to take this one from my desk and put it near the window so I could get good enough lighting on it.  This one has also grown significantly since I got it; I re-potted it into this mason jar.




The plants in the tiny pots are in the same containers/soil they came in from Home Depot, but the ones I re-potted have a good draining type of soil, some sand, and gravel.  They all get plenty of sun, and I sometimes move the smaller ones to the windowsill for some extra light.  They're pretty easy to care for, and very forgiving for someone like me.  :)  I don't have a green thumb, but I like doing the research to find out how to care for plants, and I LOVE having greenery around me at all times!

No comments:

Post a Comment